Huawei Ascend P7 another high end flagship by Huawei featuring a 5 inch IPS LCD touch screen with a resolution of 1080×1920 (441ppi), a Quad Core 1.8 GHz Cortex A9 processor, Mali 450MP4 GPU, 2GB of RAM, a 133 MP rear camera with LED flash and a front camera of 8MP. This new High end smartphone by Huawei comes with Android 4.4.2 KitKat out of the box and it performs really well. However, if you want to see the full potential of the device, then you need to root your device. Rooting is a simple process and it will hardly take 5 minutes to complete. I have written this simple guide that will help you to root your device easily. Before proceeding we would recommend you to charge your smartphone, backup all your important data and contacts.
Some Important Tips:
- This method is only for Huawei Ascend P7. Please don’t try it on other variants.
- Your device should be on official firmware and now on a custom ROM.
- Before proceeding, make sure you have backup all of your important data:
- You have backed up your Android Apps.
- You have backed up your text messages
- You have backed up your contacts
- You have installed The USB drivers for Huawei Ascend P7.
How to Root Huawei Ascend P7:
- First of all, you need to download RootGenius and install it on your PC.
- Go to Settings and make sure USB Debugging is active. If you don’t know how to active it. Just go to settings > About Phone > Build Number. Tap several times at Build Number till you got a toast message on your screen that You’re now a developer. Then go back to settings > Developer Options and activate USB Debugging.
- Now open Root Genius, the tool you downloaded in the first step. Open it and wait until it detects your phone.
- Now Simply Click on “Root Now” button and wait until it completes the process.
And there you have it. Your device is completely rooted. Check for SuperSU app in your App Drawer or you can download the Root Checker App to verify the Root Access. If you have any questions feel free to ask in the comments.