Google recently released the Android 5.0.1 Lollipop for some of the devices and those who would like to check the new Android 5.0.1 firmware on their Nexus 4. One thing I should make clear that this ROM is not an official release by LG or Google. It’s just a custom ROM made by a honorable developer and which would require you to install custom recovery like Clockwork Mod and your device needs to be rooted in order to flash this ROM and install Gapps on your device.
In this tutorial we will teach you how to install Android 5.0.1 SimpleAOSP Lollipop ROM on Nexus 4. It’s a simple and easy guide and you will need to follow all the instructions carefully.
This Android 5.0.1 SimpleAOSP Lollipop custom rom comes with many amazing features. Some of the features of this Rom are mentioned below. Check the them out, you will surely love to use these features on your Nexus 4.
- Pure AOSP.
Volume Rocker Wake
Double Tap to Sleep.
Statusbar Brightness Control.
Various Clock and Data options.
Increasing Ring Volume.
Notification Light Options.
Battery Light Options.
Safe Headset Volume.
Some Important tips!
- This ROM is only for Nexus 4 (occam) and it will not work on other variants of Nexus 4 on other carriers.
- Make sure your device is rooted and have ClockWork Mod installed.
- Before proceeding make sure you have backup all your important data.
- You have backup your Android apps.
- You have backup Text Messages
- You have backup of your contacts.
- You have installed the LG Nexus 4 USB Drivers.
How To Install Android 5.0.1 SimpleAOSP Lollipop on LG Nexus 4
- Download the Android 5.0.1 SimpleAOSP Lollipop ROM and Google Gapps for Nexus 4.
- Connect your Nexus 4 with your PC using the USB cable.
- Now, Copy/Paste the downloaded ROM and Gapps file on your SD card. Make sure the files are in the SD card root and not in any fold.
- Now Turn Off your Mobile and disconnect the USB cable.
- Now, its time to get in the Bootloader mode. Turn On your phone while pressing and holding the Volume up the + Volume Down and Power Buttons.
- Follow the instructions on the sceen. Select Bootloader and now go to Recovery.
- Once you’re in the recovery,perform a full data wipe by selecting “Wipe Data/Factory Reset”, Use the power buttons to move in the recovery mode.
- Then perform a cache wipe buy selecting Wipe Cache Partition.
- The next step is optional but we recommend to perform a ‘Wipe Dalvik Cache’ so the whole process completes without any issue. You can find this option in the advanced section.
- Then go to the main recovery screen and select ‘Install zip from SD card’.
- Now select ‘Choose from SD Card’ use your volume keys to navigate and select Android 5.0.1 Lollipop zip file and start the installation process using the power button.
- After the installation completes, go to “+++++Go Back+++++” and reboot the phone by selecting “reboot system now” from the recovery menu.
Your Nexus will boot now and it might take 5 minutes to boot. Your Nexus 4 should have a Android 5.0.1 SimpleAOSP Lollipop ROM now. You can install the Gapps file by the same method. Just select the Gapps zip file using the ClockWork Mod Recovery and install it.
If you have any questions stuck at any points feel fee to comment below.