Sony Xperia Z is one of the best high end Android device available in the Market. The Xperia Z runs on Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean. On 25th June, the Android 4.2.2 started rolling out for the Sony Xperia Z, but many users still didn’t get the update yet. Luckily, the Xperia Z has excellent support from the Android community which results in many custom roms with amazing features. One of the best rom available for Xperia Z is CM10.1 and MIUI based Avatar firmware. This amazing firmware will take your device to a newer level with its amazing performance and stability.
Follow the steps below to install CM10.1 and MIUI based Avatar JB on your Sony Xperia Z, please make sure that you have a custom recovery installed and follow these points properly.
- Download the CM10.1 and MIUI based Avatar JB ROM.
- Connect your device to a computer using mass storage mode.
- Copy and paste the ROM into the root folder of the mass storage device.
- Turn off your Sony Xperia Z and reboot into the bootloader. Do this by pressing and holding the Volume Up + Volume Down and Power buttons.
- Use volume rocker to navigate and power button to click. Perform a data wipe + cache wipe
- Navigate to flash ZIP from SD card and choose ZIP from SD card
- Select the CM10.1 and MIUI based Avatar JB’s zip file. Select it using the power button and confirm installation.
- When installation is done, go back to the main menu of CWM and perform a reboot.