HTC Chacha is a mid range android smartphone from HTC. The HTC Chacha has a 2.6 inch screen having 480×320 resolution. The device runs on a 800 MHz processor with 512 Mb of ram. It has a 5 mega-pixel camera, Android 2.3 operating system and a qwerty keypad.
Many of you would like to know How to upgrade HTC Chacha to ClockWork Mod 6. Today, I will tell you how to upgrade it. If you have installed custom roms before then it won’t be problem for you. However, if you are new then don’t worry just follow the instructions and you will have Clockwork Mod installed. So, let’s get started.
Please make sure you have the USB drivers installed and have backup all the messages, contacts and other important data. If you believe that you don’t need it then skip this step and move a head.
Some Important Tips:
The tutorial is only for HTC Chacha don’t try to use it on other devices. This is a custom recovery proceed at your own risk. Make sure you have backed up all the data you need.
For it make sure your boot loader is unlocked.
How to Install ClockworkMod v126.96.36.199 Recovery on HTC ChaCha.
- Download PH06img.zip and CWM5 for HTC ChaCha to your computer.
- Connect Your Device to your computer and copy the above downloaded file to your Device.
- Go to Settings -> Power and uncheck Fastboot option.
- Turn Off your device and disconnect it from PC.
- Now to get in the Bootloader Mode. Switch ON the phone while pressing and holding Volume Down + Power buttons together.
- In, Clockwork Mode Recovery perform full data wipe, then Scroll down to ‘Flash zip from sd card’ and press the power button to select it.
- Now use your volume keys to highlight the Android 4.2.2 file and select it using power button,confirm the installation on next screen.
- After the installation is complete go back and select ‘Reboot system now’, the phone will boot now and it will take almost 5-minutes to run it for the first time, So Please be Patient.